What is SEO Writing?
The most frequently asked question by businesses is what is SEO writing and how does SEO content writing help? SEO for copywriting simply refers to the implementation of the right keywords or key phrases while writing content. The primary goal of SEO copywriting is to increase the site’s organic visibility and also to improve the SERP rankings. It’s one of the biggest challenges for every SEO copywriter and marketer to create a well-optimized content that will also appeal to people.
Importance of SEO Content
According to the reports of the SEO Tribunal, 93% of online experience starts on the search engine. Well-optimized and user-driven SEO copywriting help businesses rank higher in search engines for relevant searches.
Generally, all businesses write content (websites, blogs, case studies, whitepapers, emails) yet only a few incorporate SEO alongside. This incurs a heavy loss for businesses because users are usually unable to find this content. A single goal of SEO copywriting is to provide users with the most relevant pieces of information and provide answers to relevant questions. By incorporating SEO in content writing, businesses can:
- Rank on the search engines
- Understand what questions your users are asking
- Create a strong content strategy
- Beat competition
- Improved user experience
- Increase trust in the users
In this blog, we will discuss the three forms of SEO content writing that are essential for all types of businesses, viz., on page seo (seo copywriting on the website), seo in blogs, and seo in social media. This will help you with the process of crafting a strategy of copywriting for SEO.
SEO content writing for website
There are a few factors that influence the SEO for the website: content, technical, and link building. Taking an SEO first approach while writing website content can improve user experience, increase content visibility, provide unique values to users, and also help you rank on the first page of search engines. If you are using WordPress, read how to optimize WordPress seo here. Here are the steps for SEO copywriting for the website:
- Understand Business: An SEO writer should always research alongside the sales team to understand the queries and sales scenarios. This will help them understand the user intent and business intent that allows forming an SEO framework for the website.
- Find Keywords that are optimized for conversions: After the research phase, SEO copywriters would have the basic keywords at the bottom of the sales funnel that would generate leads. In-depth research on those keywords would help them find the right set of keywords.
- Every web page should have a unique keyword: Every web page of the website should be mapped with a unique keyword that has high search volume, low competition but a high cost per click. This basically means that these keywords have high potential to generate good leads.
- Find a few secondary keywords in the same neighborhood: Every webpage should focus on one primary keyword but you should always have a set of secondary keywords (don't forget to add long tail keywords) as well to boost your web rankings.
- Write the website copy using these keywords: Now once you have mapped each page with the primary keyword and secondary keywords, write your content using them to ensure good running and conversions.
- Define header tags properly: There are multiple header tags like H1, H2, H3, and so forth. Each tag has a different value in Google and helps structure your content properly.
- Remember not to stuff keywords: Write for users and not search engines. It is really important. You should always write website copy without keywords. And later proofread and see where you can insert these keywords naturally and smartly.
SEO in blogs and articles
Each time we use search engines, we are searching for content. Making your content more visible is what is SEO writing. It can be any type of content such as texts, blogs, videos, images, product recommendations, and even business listings. And for a successful business, an optimized seo content strategy is essential. SEO writing for blogs involves the following steps:
- Find a proven topic: Before starting, you have to think of broad blog topics related to your business. Then you have to do thorough research to come up with topics for your blogs that will be relevant to what your users are searching for.
- Analyze search intent: While writing for SEO content, it is important to align your content with your user’s search intent. Without that, there are very slim chances of ranking higher in SERPs. You have figure out the search intent of your users by analyzing 3Cs i.e. Content type, Content format, and Content angle.
- Write an Outline: Make an outline of your content. Cover all the kinds of information that your users search for.
- Draft your content: Draft the whole content for your article. Use the target and relevant keywords in the places required. Don't overstuff your content with the keywords.
- Edit your draft: After you are done writing your content, it is always recommended to revise your SEO content to check spelling and grammar.
- Make your content visually appealing: The most appealing way to break up your content is by using images. Many studies say that visuals are more helpful for people to understand and comprehend content.
- Write a compelling meta title and meta description: Besides your content, the search engines also crawl through your meta title and meta descriptions. These are the most important things as they tell the search engine what your page is about. Having a good meta title and meta description with all the targeted keywords embedded in them can always rank your website higher in SERPs.
- Upload your content: After you are done with all the steps above, you can upload your content.
What is SEO writing for social media
Having a solid SEO plan is necessary for an effective social media strategy. Three things that can help you boost your social ranking using seo writing are:
- Optimize your social profiles using keywords: Your social media posts get crawled and indexed by search engines. Hence it is important to have the target or the related keywords in the content of social media. How search engines treat social media content can get your website’s content indexed even faster. If your blog post or article garners a lot of attention on social media, it’ll end up getting in the index at a quicker pace.
- Use proper hashtags: Social media has become an unavoidable part of SEO especially because of the presence of real people. Social media has made it easier to segregate your audience as it is the fastest way to know your audience. Embedding the right keywords in your social media and usage of proper hashtags with your content leads more people to your website and hence it has the capability to transform your leads into your potential customers. Proper hashtags help in attracting the right audience.
- Make social shares easy: Adding social media buttons and share buttons with your blogs make it easier for people to share the link of your blog. This helps in increasing the relevant traffic to your website.
Optimizing content for improving the visibility of your website and increase the traffic incredibly is what is SEO writing. Without visibility and exposure, your content will not be noticed. If you want your site to be noticed and if you want your site to rank higher in SERPs, then it is necessary to optimize the content on your website. If you are looking for an agency that can step in as your content partner and strategist, feel free to reach out to us.
We have worked with many clients and have helped them design the conversion optimized content strategy. We take off the burden from you and provide end to end seo driven content writing services. Write to us today.